Executive Administrative Assistant1850 Railroad Avenue, Rifle, 81650 | 12/26/2016 | Ad id: 12565021
Executive Administrative Assistant
Colorado River Fire Rescue is seeking letters of intent and resumes for candidates interested in the Executive Administrative Assistant Position.
Letters of intent and resumes should be submitted to: Claire Meador
Physical and Mailing: 1850 Railroad Avenue, Rifle, Colorado 81650
Submission deadline is 1700 hours on Friday January 20, 2017.
Colorado River Fire Rescue is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Must possess a two year college degree or equivalent.
- Five (5) years of progressively greater responsibility with administrative secretarial work including one (1) year of supervisory responsibility.
- Possess a valid State of Colorado Driver’s license.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of Special District and Division of Local Government law and rules.
- Some knowledge of Governmental accounting practices.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, methods and computer equipment.
- Knowledge of business letter writing practices.
- Knowledge of Fire District functions, practices and procedures.
- Proficient use of the English language, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation, at a level necessary to perform the essential functions of the position
- Basic knowledge of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) as it relates to hours worked by line-personnel.
- Basic knowledge of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and related regulations they relate to emergency medical services insurance billing.
Working Environment/Physical Requirements:
- This position involves sedentary administrative work in an office environment.
- Requires daily presence in the office during normal business hours.
- Moderate physical activity is required; for example, the ability to lift items in excess of 50 pounds occasionally and up to 20 pounds frequently.
- This position requires standing, walking, sitting, stooping/bending, lifting, and repetitive motion.
- This position demands frequent use of sensory activities such as talking, seeing, hearing, smelling, feeling (identifying objects by touch), depth perception, and color vision.
Must possess a valid Colorado Driver’s License.
40 hour work week
Annual Salary range
$46,000 -$85,000 depending on qualifications
IN HOUSE POSTING REQUIREMENTS
As specified in the Colorado River Fire Rescue Personnel Manual, "All vacancies for full-time and part- time positions shall be posted in house for a period of five working days before the position is advertised.”