Program ManagerVail, 81657 | 06/09/2018 | Ad id: 8-0000256537
The Program Manager position is a full-time position based in Vail, CO. This individual is primarily responsible for coordinating all aspects of programming offered by Vail Veterans Program. The ideal candidate is organized, energetic, resourceful, and able to prioritize a large variety of tasks with great attention to detail. This individual must be a team player, willing to do all tasks at hand, and thrive in a fast pace and innovative environment, with people who are passionate about their work and our mission.
- - Work closely with the Executive Director to ensure quality and execution of programs.
- - Regularly identify opportunities for strengthening critical operational areas related to the implementation of resources, program quality, and relationships with vendors.
- - Cultivate collaborative working relationships with vendors with the goal of ensuring effective and efficient program delivery.
- - Serve as a representative of the Vail Veterans Program throughout the Vail community and beyond.
Program Operational Management
- - Coordinate the overall logistics of all group and individual therapeutic programs including travel, lodging, content, activities, and staffing.
- - Communicate regularly with participants and military hospital partners leading up to programs to ensure that all individual adaptive needs are met.
- - Using the existing program dashboard, establish consistent and objective program performance standards of accountability.
- - Develop forms and records to document program activities.
Team Management (Volunteers, Program Vendors, Administrative & Program Associate Position)
- - Instill a sense of accountability among team members by modeling individual and organization performance standards.
- - Ensure all staff, vendors and volunteers receive orientation and appropriate training to ensure successful programs.
- - Assess the need for volunteers to enhance program/service delivery and identify volunteer assignments that provide meaningful work for volunteers.
- - Conduct ongoing evaluation of the programs and services delivered by vendors and volunteers and implement improvements as necessary.
- - Assist in developing an annual budget and operating plan to support the program.
- - Ensure that programs operate within the approved budget.
- - Manage and approve all budgeted program expenditures.
- - Manage all project funds and records according to established accounting policies and procedures.
Accountability & Impact Reporting
- - Utilize a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and identify areas for improvement to achieve mission related results.
- - Report evaluation findings to the Executive Director and recommend changes to enhance the program.
- - Maintain participant database profiles in Bloomerang to identify alumni participants and program needs.
- - Assist with fundraising event logistics and coordination.
- - Assist with the production of newsletters, social media communication and other promotional materials.
- - Assist with the gift management system and acknowledgment.
Vail Veterans Program is a small office environment where everyone pitches in where needed. The right candidate will be willing to wear a variety of hats and perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- - 2-3 years of experience in program or project management. Military experience and nonprofit experience is a plus.
- - Bachelor’s Degree in Program Management, Recreational Therapy, or related field.
- - Successful experience managing staff and volunteers in program activities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- - Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- - Strong attention to detail with great organizational, analytical, writing, database/computer, and communication skills.
- - Proficient in Microsoft Office products. Comfortable with Bloomerang or comparable CRM system. Ability to create and manage email campaigns and surveys.
- - Passionate about the mission and vision of the organization and establishing lasting relationships with participants, volunteers, donors and vendors.
- - Occasional outside travel.
- - Evening and weekend work hours are required during programs and events.
- - May be required to lift boxes and other objects of various weights up to 30 pounds.
- - The majority of work is performed inside but will require some outside work as necessary to facilitate program and fundraising events.
- - This is a salaried position and salary range will be based on experience.
- - Target start date is July 16th.
- - 2 weeks paid vacation and flexible schedule.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org