Part-time Parks Downtown AttendantGlenwood Springs , 81601 | 09/10/2019 | Ad id: 8-0000481562-01
City of Glenwood Springs
Park Downtown attendant
Performs semiskilled routine custodial work in the care, maintenance and improvement of the downtown corridor, may also assist at parks, cemetery, grounds, recreation facilities and other city owned properties. Individuals are expected to work in a safe and efficient manner. Receives instructions and technical advice from the Parks Superintendent, Crew Lead and Full-Time Employees. Weekend shift and evening coverage may be required.
- Monitor and clean sidewalks, crosswalks, curbs, gutters, alleys, trash compactor area, public parking lots; pick up loose trash, cigarettes, remove large trash items like wood pallets, spot sweep, remove graffiti and stickers on public property, clean spills and other messes, and maintain the general cleanliness of all public areas within the given downtown boundary.
- Monitor trash receptacles; empty any receptacles that are nearly full or overflowing.
- Areas requiring a high level of daily service include the downtown elevators, restroom, pedestrian bridge and parking garage.
- Performs landscape maintenance on city owned planters, flower pots and beds. These duties include; planting, watering, irrigation repair, daily and annual upkeep.
- General maintenance of infrastructure such as power washing and maintaining holiday lighting.
- Respond to snow removal needs in a timely manner with both equipment operation and handwork.
- Represent the city when interacting with the public and downtown stakeholders.
- Customer Service: Ability to interact courteously with the public and downtown stakeholders.
- Communication: This position requires the ability to communicate effectively within all departments.
- Initiative: This position requires the ability to take ownership and responsibility for the downtown area.
- Team Player: This position requires the ability to function as a team, take direction and/or work independently.
- Problem Solving/ Decision Making: Effectively identify problems and come up with solutions based on sound judgement.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS
- High School/GED
- 2 years of general labor or maintenance work experience.
- Ability to cooperate with other divisions employees to foster a positive team atmosphere.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including the ability to interpret technical information.
- Ability to work an on-call schedule as needed.
- A background in landscaping, janitorial or property management desired.
SALARY: $17.64 - $21.15/hour DOQ & DOE
CLICK HERE to go to the City’s website and view the complete job description and apply online. Or stop by Human Resources 101 W. 8th St, Glenwood Springs for an application. Resumes submitted without the City’s application will not be considered. Applications must be received by 5 pm 9/20/19. The City of Glenwood Springs is an EOE.