Senior AccountantVail, 81657 | 08/09/2019 | Ad id: 8-0000468224-01
Gorsuch What makes best even better is here
In other words, we carry the best products and offer the best services, and because of the attitude and expertise of our staff, the way we merchandise, the way we treat customers, store locations, the milieu we create, etc we make buying that best product even better.
If you are highly motivated, identify with our company ideals, and seek the opportunity to perform at your best, we invite you to consider joining our teamthe Gorsuch team. We love what we do, work hard, and play to win.
Your leadership and contribution to our Accounting/Finance Department will make us all better.
The Senior Accountant is part of our Finance/Accounting department and will contribute to the team's success in multiple areas including, but not limited to AP, Sales Audit and Forecasting. This is a full-time position and is eligible for standard Company benefits including health and life insurance, 401k, vacation and ski pass. Reports to Controller and CFO. Located in Vail, Colorado.
What you'll do:
- Maintain AP and Sales Audit files, and perform month-end close duties including preparing journal entries and completing account reconciliations.
- Bank, credit card reconciliations.
- Assist with asset and lease management.
- Sales/use tax management.
- Manage balance sheet reconciliations and related journal entries, ensuring all transactions and accounts are in compliance with GAAP.
- Analyze variances to budget to develop corrective action.
- Assist with the corporate budget and forecasting process.
- Prepare various monthly reports and analysis for management.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure seamless communication and processes are in place for smooth operation of day-to- day business.
- Other duties as assigned.
What makes you a great fit:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience required.
- CPA preferred.
- 5+ years progressive accounting experience required.
- 1+ years audit experience preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with GP Dynamics software preferred.
- Experience in retail preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to problem solve.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Competitive compensation DOE
To apply, visit: https://www.gorsuch.com/careers
For information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vail, CO 81657, 81611, 80424
The mission statement of Gorsuch has never changed. From day one, it has been our desire to offer the best for the sport of skiing and the lifestyle of mountain living.
Gorsuch opened its doors on the corner of Bridge Street in the Clock Tower Building in 1966, Vail's fourth season. The Gorsuch's built a reputation on their experience, knowledge and passion for the sport of skiing. With dedication, teamwork, and by providing uncompromised service to the customer, their philosophy proved successful. The Gorsuch Family settled in the Vail Valley, and as Vail grew into the world-class resort it is today, Gorsuch established itself as the source for the newest and best in authentic ski wear, equipment and accessories offering specialty European and American merchandise.
We are a family of traditions and what binds us most closely is that we are a family of skiers, now four generations. Gorsuch started in 1963 and is an organization that is rich in history and pride. It has grown because of the efforts of each Staff Member. The quality of our Staff, the courtesy shown to our customers and our reputation for excellence have set the standard in the ski retail industry.
The opportunities are excellent here at Gorsuch. We are always seeking out highly motivated, team oriented people to contribute to our own fine clothing, home furnishings, catalog, ecommerce and ski retail departments. Gorsuch offers exceptional year round and seasonal opportunities in an exceptional place. We have several stores located in Vail, Beaver Creek, Aspen, and Keystone, Colorado.
More than anything, we consider our people the strength of our company and our partners in excellence. As a result we offer a competitive benefits package to our full time year round and seasonal Staff Members.